View Single Post
Hi an interesting thread;

Here's my scenario:
  • I use Contactizer for contact management (it uses the address book database, so no need for syncing, it's always in sync), which it does well, but right now the calendar is clunky -- at least I want to be able to use iCal to create tasks (e.g. from Leopard Mail).
  • I use OmniFocus for tasks. Since I don't need my tasks in contactizer (I don't have anyone to delegate to anyways), I keep them ouside the Contactizer calendar (contactizer only syncs with that one calendar in ical, which is a bit of a drag, but I'm hoping for better integration in the future).
  • iCal remains as the hub. So the combination Contactizer (contact management), and Omnifocus (projects and actions, soft landscape) works well for me. In short, I sync my events between iCal and Contactizer (which keeps me to a single calendar in iCal) and my tasks with OmniFocus.

Works for me so far. Omnifocus and Contactizer don't interfere with each other, because they sync with different calendars in iCal. And I have all information in iCal to be synced with my laptop.

Best,
Jeanne