View Single Post
I Hi Ken and Omni Team.

I was one of the ones that put my detailed wish list up at the start of this thread. However, I (and possibly many here) would be more than happy with a compromise app that dropped many of the niceties, just to be able to see OO documents on the iPhone, and sync them the same way that you can with OF.

I (and possibly many others) could live with just:

1. A generic font like Helvetica
2. Basic formatting only (bold, italic, underline)
3. Basic colours or no colour initially.
4. System wide settings only (not document specific), like OmniFocus

In fact, even an OOReader app (no editing) for the iPhone would be helpful for using Outlines as reference documents when on the go. Not everything we wanted but a good start.

The iPhone is still the killer device for me. Even though I have access to an iPad there are so many times that I would have my iPhone

• In the school yard (I am a teacher)
• In the classroom (might also have my laptop)
• In the lunch room
• Walking around
• In the car
• At the shops
• At friends places
• At church, social, sporting venues

The iPad is smaller than my 15" MBP but it is still a big device. I don't intend to buy OO for the ipad (same as I didn't buy OF for the iPad) because I am usually near enough to a computer whenever I am near enough to the iPad.

My previous PDA was the Palm Tungsten T3, and my favourite outliner was ShadowPlan. Last year I converted all those outlines to OO via the ShadowPlan Mac beta desktop software. So I have been hoping for an integrated desktop/iPhone solution that will keep both sides up to date. I use OF with mobile me and it is great.

I have just bought CarbonFin Outliner to make up for the gap in Omni based outlining on the iPhone/iPod.

Interesting that at the Carbon Fin Outliner site he solely recommends OO desktop for the Mac - if you guys aren't bringing out OO iPhone anytime soon you might consider working with the dev to sync and show OO docs on CarbonFin - I think what most users want here as the "bread and butter" needs is a streamlined way to edit outlines in Mac OO and have the changes show automatically on an iPhone app without manual OPML exporting and uploading to cloud websites, and then back again to OO if you add data on the iPhone.