View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by makesense View Post
Would you please help me to understand the purpose of context for projects?

Especially in 'No contexts' of 'Contexts' view.
Most projects won't have a context assigned, so they'll show up under No Context. This probably isn't so useful when you're trying to look at a Contexts list (in which case just click on "Contexts" in the sidebar to exclude everything which doesn't have a context), but it's very useful if you're trying to look at everything which is coming due this week, or everything which has been recently modified or completed, etc.

Quote:
If this is a necessary feature could I at least turn off the showing of uncontexted projects in 'Contexts' view?
As noted above, you can hide everything with no context by clicking on Contexts in the sidebar.

You can also hide everything which is unavailable by setting your View->Availability Filter to "Available", which is how I usually look at my context lists. (In that case, you'll only see projects show up once all of their actions have been completed, in which case that's probably a fine time to either check them off or add more actions.)

Finally, you can simply select "View->Hide Parent Items in Context Mode" if you simply want to hide all projects and groups.

Hope this helps!