View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaro
If WebKit doesn't know how to render it, then it makes no sense to save it as a WebArchive file.
Unfortunately, that's completely subjective. I can make a .bib file that displays perfectly fine as a web page. The content/mime type of the file also comes into play.

Quote:
WebArchives are intended for only one, and that's HTML.
I disagree. There are multiple file formats commonly used on the web that are very useful being saved as webarchive.

Overall, I think the saving options need some work, though I still disagree with your reasons on how it should be changed. To me it doesn't seem like the way it's supposed to be working is working (as noted in one of the posts I linked to above.) Hopefully someone who has a reproducible example of it not working correctly has sent in a bug report.

Added two new defaults to OmniWeb to track whether the user prefers to save 'simple' documents (those without sub-resources), and 'complex' documents (those with sub-resources), as webarchives, or as source. The defaults are 'OWSaveTypeForComplexDocument' and 'OWSaveTypeForSimpleDocument', and valid entries are 'webarchive' and 'source'.
These are automatically written with whichever option you choose each time you save, so that OmniWeb will remember your last choice for each save type.