View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I know how irksome the small things can be when you're using a piece of software; I do sympathize.

However, aside from this thread, we've gotten basically zero feedback about this part of the UI. In fact, the vast majority of the feedback is simply "the iPad app is great, please make the other apps more like it". Looking at the emails about suggested changes to the UI, these buttons aren't anywhere on that list.

It appears that, for the vast majority of customers, these buttons are working just fine for them as they are. When that's the case, spending time on something like this would be a disservice to them.

I know this bothers you individually, and I am really sorry about that; sometimes it can be painful to be an outlier. :-)
Sometimes "the masses" aren't always right. When you spend $40 on an app, you tend to want to see past its flaws and like it more to justify your purchase.

If Steve Jobs listened to "the masses," than our macs would still have floppy drives and our iPads would run adobe flash (and have a 2 hour battery life). The masses don't ALWAYS know what's best.

Taste may be subjective, and if you think this looks good, then by all means don't change it! You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink (and my earlier post was about how I think Omnigroup truly believes that OF for iPad is polished and attractive)

I just happen to like This:

and this:

more than this:

But hey, it's your product! You should be wanting to polish it, not me!