Thread: Auto Context?
View Single Post
As far as I know this is not yet a feature, but I curious how people feel about the possibility of an auto-context function. The idea would be something along the lines of Smelly Puppy's QuickCal (http://smellypuppy.com/) which I use as a dashboard widget. The idea there is to write your appointments in in plain English, like "Dinner Tuesday 8pm at Chipotle" and it does a pretty decent job of flipping that back to iCal as an event. This is almost identical to Google Calendar's Quick Entry.

So I was thinking, I write a lot of stuff into Omnifocus where some contexts are obvious. "Email Mike about...", "Call Terry...". Since I have Phone and E-mail contexts, wouldn't it make sense to only enter those once without entering a context. Not that it's so hard to input more data, but I will say I whip out my iPhone at inopportune moments when someone presents a task to put it in my inbox, and while those contexts seem so obvious I'd rather file them immediately, it turns into an awkward moment.

Two questions then: 1) Are there scripts that already run down looking for this kind of language? 2) Is this secretly a terrible idea I'm underthinking?

Love to hear.