View Single Post
A colleague and I were given iPads and we are trying to figure how best to take advantage of them. We bought OmniFocus as a way to try and keep track of all the stuff that pops up in our world. We are the only software developers in this group and it seems that lots of folks have projects they want us to work on etc.

With all that said I am trying to figure out how best to use OmniFocus to track of everything. I get the inbox that makes sense but what I am having a little trouble with is projects, contexts and actions. For example, we have two software products that we work on. Each one has some enhancements that need to made. Usually, but not always, enhancements are tied to a particular customer.

So would you create a project or context for the product? I am leaning toward context. Since work may be for a particular customer that sounds like a project to me. Obviously, there are usually hard end dates but open start dates. I think I can set dates on projects? The work needing to be done to complete a project sounds like actions to me.

So you folks better versed in GTD than I can you tell me if I am even close in a reasonable approach?

Thanks,
Doug