View Single Post
Cool idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
I get a lot of the benefits with a little hack -- I have a folder at the bottom of my library called "Templates". Inside it, I have projects like "Packing List" and "Christmas Gifts". These projects are all "On Hold", so their tasks don't show up in my "to do" perspectives. Every time I need to go on a trip or am ready to start thinking about another year of gift-giving, I right-click on the project, select "Duplicate" from the pop-up menu, then drag the copy up into my main list of projects. I take it off hold and start customizing it (delete "winter coat" if this is a summer trip to Los Angeles).

One thing this doesn't give you, that a template might, is relative dates -- if you set the project due date to Friday, the "pack toiletries" would be due Friday morning, "empty trash" would be due Thursday night, "arrange for dogsitter" might be due a week ahead.

One gotcha: if you're looking at the active "Packing List" project, and realize it doesn't say "toothbrush", you need to add it to both that project and the template.