View Single Post
I started using OmniFocus in Spring 2010 (or was it 2009?). It has been such a hectic 3.75 years that I don't even remember any longer when it was. Three months later after I had a breathing spell and knew more of how I wanted to use OmniFocus I set it up all over again. Since then I haven't looked back: OmniFocus just works and I don't consider the use of it to result in any overhead at all.

I finally got an iPhone about 1.5 years ago and very soon bought OmniFocus for iPhone. I love it and the 'Forecast' element of it. I will be very excited for that to come to the Mac OSX version of OmniFocus. As busy as I am, I love to update my software when a new update comes out, and I typically do so ASAP and read about all the changes while my body produces endorphins like mad. So I will be very excited when the next OmniFocus comes out.

However, there is no way that I would leave OmniFocus for the bling, philosophy, or flow of another application. OmniFocus does exactly what I want in a dependable way, I understand well how it works, and if something can be improved upon I have confidence that OmniFocus will address it. I had only a rudimentary organizational philosophy before, but now OmniFocus and I have melded philosophies, and so to switch to something else would put me into a mid-life crisis.

OK, so I am given to a bit of drama here or there, but the above is not far off. Yes, I am hoping for the next OmniFocus to be out sooner rather than later, but mostly due to my general excitement about updates. I check in here every few weeks to look for any information about when it might be out, but I'd rather have good solid updates less often (and which are consistent with the developers philosophy) than have frequent updates which try to keep up in some way with somebody else (and potentially dissipate in some way what I already have).

Last edited by macmath; 2012-12-06 at 09:44 AM..