View Single Post
Forgive me if I've missed something here but I've not been able to find an answer to this problem on the forums:

No matter how many times I sync, run the "coalesce database" script or use the new "compact database" feature on Omnifocus for iPhone, I simply cannot stop my Omnifocus folder on iDisk from filling up with .zip files. Since my latest reset yesterday (when I erased the whole Omnifocus folder from iDisk and re-uploaded the latest data from my main machine), the number has grown to 98, covering 557 tasks.

NB: I run OF on three devices: my Macbook Air (running Leopard), my iMac at work (running Tiger) and my iPhone. All are synced regularly via MobileMe. I've read that databases of more than 500 tasks can be problematic, but have to say I don't think that's a particularly high number of tasks for a comprehensive GTD system. Also, I only have a handful of tasks with files attached, and those files are pretty small.

I'm not suffering any loss of functionality as a result of all this – still loving the product, after a brief flirtation with Things – but the syncing speed is obviously very slow. Any advice much appreciated.