View Single Post
I have no doubt that OF is already doing what it can to find some way to facilitate the use of Siri with OF. In the meantime, does anyone have any further thoughts on potential work-arounds that don't require OF for desktops or any complicated scripting solutions? Ie, solutions that work just on the iPhone itself?

Here are the best three options I can think of:

1. Use Reminders as an inbox. Getting something into Reminders with Siri could not be simpler. Assuming your phone is awake (and with no need even to enter your pass code) you just hold it to your ear like you were making a call and talk. For example, I've created a Reminders list called "Do," and all I have to say is "Add X to do" and then tap to confirm or confirm by voice and X will be added to the list. You can also say "Note X" and a new note will be created with X as the text. Unfortunately, the only way I know to get those items into OF is to later transfer than manually.

2. Use OFs auto-email service. You use Siri to send an email with a task to the OF address, and OF automatically sends you back an email with a link that you click to automatically add the task to OF. This seems to work ok, but it requires you to remember to go back into your emails to click the link. And if you have an email footer to your message, the footer gets stuck into the item notes, which can be a pain.

3. Use Siri to dictate your task. You can go into OF just like you were going to add a task by hand, but when the keyboard appears you can hold the phone to your ear and dictate the task and then tap save. This is faster for me than typing, but requires you to get into OF so it isn't really hands free.

I think each of these is an improvement over having to type things in, but they all have some level of friction attached to them. Does anyone have any other ideas?