Thread: Why Vote?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
OK, 'contacts' was first raised in 2006, which I guess makes it initially a desktop feature request. In July this year it had the most votes. Suddenly it's now #10. What happened? I'm guessing iPad feature issues are now trumping it, ie. calendar view, etc.
Don't know if Brian is lumping the different OmniFocus products together in his counts or not. Doesn't really matter, because there is a very plausible way that it could go from #1 to #10: it only had a slight lead when it was #1, and the other features that pushed past it got more in the interim. And if people seeing new features on the iPad app realize that they would be a welcome addition to the desktop app, why is it that Omni shouldn't address that desire first, if it has garnered more requests?
Quote:
So I go back to asking what is the point of voting?

I'd be happy to 'opt-in' again if I genuinely understood there was actually a point!
It is really quite simple. Omni is taking an ongoing poll to see which potential features have the most user interest, to help them prioritize how they utilize their resources. You can vote, and have some influence, or you can do something else (or nothing), which has no influence. Your choice.

Just because you can't see the inner workings of the black box doesn't mean it doesn't work the way its constructor describes!