Thread: Why Vote?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Come on, you're a smart guy. No one said customer feedback is the only thing they take into consideration!
Ahh, of course, you're based in the USA. In Great Britain, the customer is always right!

Quote:
Why would you think that someone who likes the Forecast view on the iPad and wants to see it on the Mac is a Johnny-come-lately?
Umm... maybe because someone else voiced their logical 'contact' request FIVE years earlier and during July of this year it was the #1 feature request?

Quote:
At the OmniFocus for iPad price point, I'll bet that the majority of the buyers to date are existing OmniFocus users. The number of customers who discover OmniFocus on the iPad, then buy the desktop app and start clamoring for the Forecast view is undoubtedly small in comparison.
Oh... good to know that you doubted Ken when he said "iPad or Bust"!

Quote:
You would have Omni first clear out the existing queue of requests before bringing anything new from the iPad to the other apps?
Yes... wouldn't you? Unless you believe in being endoftheQ!

Quote:
And how to reconcile that with the complaints that the UI isn't identical on each platform?
Stupidity? Incompetence? Couldn't care less? Let's spin some straw into gold? You tell me?!

Quote:
As for your points about not seeing features requested on the forum being implemented, or the forum not being a true cross-section of the user base, that is one of the reasons they ask you to contact the support ninjas, because they are the ones who have interaction with the larger customer base. This time last year, they were handing out ticket numbers in the 483XXX range, and I got one this morning that was 568XXX. That's well over 1,000 customer interactions per week
Could 999 of those 1,000 possibly be... requests for bug fixes?

Quote:
And rightly so — it is full of bugs!
Quote:
On the other hand, if you don't vote, I won't have to worry about you voting on the wrong side of some issue I care about. Forget I said anything ;)
I wouldn't worry Bill, nothing has convinced me so far that 'voting' counts!