Thread: Why Vote?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Really? Five years earlier? I've got an email in my inbox from June 2007 with the Apple Store San Francisco highlights, featuring "The Omni Group Presents OmniFocus", "don't miss this first look at OmniFocus, the newest product from The Omni Group"... Didn't realize it's already 2012!
I apologise profusely for my inability to count!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Support for contacts actually got the first customer request in 2006, not 2007. :-)
OK, thanks-a-bunch Brian, now we're both in the wrong!

Quote:
Now, why would someone has used OmniFocus on the Mac for years be a Johnny-come-lately in asking for an iPad feature to be duplicated on the Mac?
C'mon, I didn't mean the individual, I meant the feature request, but I'm devastated for causing you any confusion.

Quote:
Doubted him about what? The schedule? Of course! I'll take the other side of that bet just about any time :)
No takers here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Integration between OmniFocus and OmniPlan is one of the big features we're working on for OmniFocus 2 and OmniPlan 2. We expect to release both OmniPlan 2 and OmniFocus 2 sometime in 2010.
You so know I've got my fingers crossed!

Quote:
Dunno. I doubt it, unless everyone is reporting the same handful of bugs.
Likely they are, but isn't it a worthwhile chore, as we have to 'vote' to prioritise the ones that get fixed!

Quote:
Do you vote in your elections? Do you have any evidence that it makes a difference? If you vote, but don't have any evidence of efficacy, why do you do it? Isn't that the same situation you claim here?
Yup, I do... but not the same thing at all. I vote. I hear the results. The one with the most votes gets in.

OK, whpalmer4, joshing aside, I doubt it would take Ken more than an hour to add password-on-launch to the code. It just seems such an easy win for Omni, add a feature that some users have requested and most might need on occasion. Why on earth make it a voting issue?

Oh, and I still don't get the point of voting anyway... ! :p

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-09-23 at 02:45 PM..