View Single Post
Curt, thanks for the response! I know you're one of the senior members here, so it means a lot to see you posting in this topic. I'm just starting out and feel pretty hopeless after only a few days on the learning curve.

You're right: the InBox is overwhelming me. In fact, I feel overwhelmed in general: the Big Picture is drowning me. I don't know if it's because I'm worrying too much about my taxonomy or because I haven't processed everything I importing from iGTD (dozens of projects, 100s of tasks--most of them still in the InBox with no project or context, and not enough contexts yet).

You're right: once I whittle down the InBox and get going with my projects and perspectives, it'll probably get better. But ironically it's the whittling down of the InBox that's driving me insane.

And to get a handle on ALL my projects, it seems like everytime I try to filter with flags or duration, I still see that huge InBox completely expanded at the top of the right window--it never seems to go away!

And yes, I'd love to be able to check off two-minute items immediately--but that's one of the bugs out there right now, that checked off InBox tasks without a context or project won't go away after Clean Up...they just go to the Misc bucket and stay there as struck-through tasks FOREVER (unless you manually delete them).

Tonight I hope to clear out my entire inbox. Then I'll tackle customizing Perspectives. (Oh, and by the way, just WHERE are the "Filters"? Are they still in the program? I read about them somewhere, even saw an icon in a screenshot, but I can't find them anywhere.)

And then I will pray to the Omnigods for bug fixes on completed items that won't clean up, a true view of ONLY flagged tasks, and a way of hiding empty projects in a multi-project display.

Sandy