View Single Post
gotcha. That makes perfect sense. I guess this is the purest GTD method there is. It's a lot of extra tracking though. I need to make 3 items instead of one. Bummer. Is this really the best way?

Intuitively, here is the way I would think of it:
Initially "convert from iGTD" should be [a task] (c:laptop-offline) (status:waiting)

Then when Omnifocus beta come out, I would change "convert from iGTD" to [a task] (c:laptop-offline) (status: active)

I know the value in sticking to a GTD purist method, but for me, changing the status marking on 1 task from "waiting" to "active" is more intuitive, simpler, less time consuming, and requires less bloat than making a sub-project along with 2 tasks, then marking one of them complete.

GTD is great, but needing 3 items instead of 1 seems a little rigid. Am I crazy?

Followup 1:30PM:
I think I've figured it out. I made 1 sub project "convert from iGTD" [sub-project] (c:laptop-offline) with 1 action in it "wait for Omnifocus beta" [a task] (c:waiting). When I complete the "wait for Omnifocus beta" action, "convert from iGTD" becomes an active action. This way I have 2 items instead of 3, which is simpler and better.

Any pitfalls with this one?

Last edited by johnrover; 2007-06-06 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Revision