View Single Post
This is more of a rant, because I'm not sure how to resolve it, but something seems broken with the badge counts.

In context mode right now, my total red badge count is 9 and my orange badge count is zero, but I see four red actions and two orange ones in the main pane. On the other hand, in planning mode, my total red badge count is 17 (!!!) and my total orange badge count is four. I have the "due soon" preference set to one day, so all the orange badges are actions due tomorrow.

So, OmniFocus, how many actions do I have that are due today and tomorrow? What, can't make up your mind?

Part of the problem is that in planning mode action groups seem to contribute to the total badge number, while in context mode they don't. The second problem is that actions that have both start and due dates of tomorrow contribute to the orange badge count in planning mode but not in context mode. This seems Wrong.

Edit: Oh, I just remembered that in context mode orange badges are overridden by red badges in the same context. So I don't know how the counting is done in context mode; maybe it's the same as planning mode. But certainly what's displayed to the user is not the same in the two modes.

Does it really make sense to present the user with different badge numbers in planning mode versus context mode? I vote that the number of badges should either (a) always be the same in both modes, or (b) correctly reflect the current filter settings so that they agree with the number of actions displayed.

Last edited by Chris; 2007-11-13 at 08:04 AM..