View Single Post
I've got a problem with Omniweb which I've had for a while. It isn't a major problem, but I want to see if anyone knows a fix for it, or perhaps has a patch or some such thing.

I'm running a Powerbook G4 with 1 gig of ram and OS 10.4.10 with all the latest updates.

Anytime I switch tabs in Omniweb, or first scroll down a page, or start to fill out a form etc...the beach ball comes up for anywhere from 3-5 seconds or a little bit more. It has to think about it. Even with just 5 tabs open, it does this. I've tried clearing my cache, etc...to no avail. My other programs don't freeze up and have to think about things and generally speaking, I only have iTunes and Omniweb open. Sometimes I do have ecto open but that is pretty rare these days.

So...what gives? I'm not running a ton of applications. I do have Quicksilver running but it never gave me a problem b efore. Thta's basically the only things I have running.

Is anyone else experiencing this? BTW, I'm not mad or upset really. I love OmniWeb. It's the best damned browser I've ever come across which is why I paid for it. Seriously, I love it. I just was wondering what happened several months back to cause this slowdown?

Any suggestions? I know 1 gig isn't much these days but I haven't touched it much since a long time and I really don't have much else going on inside the computer most of the time as it is.