View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by narvik04 View Post
There are two main reasons I dont like growl as Omnifocus due task notification.
First, there are too many of them appearing at the same time. I have to read all of them to find out the important ones.
Second, all growl notifications start at one specific time, not the time the task due time is set. Or am I wrong? So a growl reminder of a phone call I have to do at 15 pm on Monday, will remind not me at 15 pm, but at a specific time set for all tasks.
I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I get the Growl reminders as the tasks become available. Perhaps you're seeing items as the go past due and have a bunch set for the same due date.

Growl reminders are configured in System Preferences. (The UI is clunky, but that's a Growl issue not an OF one.) Once in the Growl System Pref pane, go to the Applications tab. Then you can select OmniFocus in the list, and click Configure. I have mine set up to show when tasks become available and when clippings have been added to the Inbox.

What version of OF are you using? 1.6.1 sets a limit on the number of reminders it will display at once. And how would a different alarm keep you from having to read through and find the important ones. Presumably you'd still get reminders for the same tasks. Or are you looking for additional meta-data on tasks, like the Alarm settings in iCal? If so, use Help --> Send Feedback to submit your feature request.

Curt