View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Personally, I wish I'd had OmniFocus in college. Maybe I'd have better productivity habits now.

Whether you do a folder per course with a project per assignment, or a project per course and action per assignment probably depends on the assignments. 'Write a researched essay' probably is a project, or at least a group of actions.

I found geographic locations far more relevant than 'what kind of work am I doing' categories. The number of times I got back from class only to remember I should have picked up something while I was down near my prof's office -- argh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
Rocknblogger, if you need help with iCal, feel free to call (800.315.6664) or email us and we're happy to assist!
@Brian, thank you but I figured it out.

@Lizard - I hear what you're saying about geographic location but I spend 90% of my time in and around my home. I work out of my home and I'm taking the university courses online. So everything I do is right here. Don't get me wrong we go out and have fun and shop but my days are spent here so I really have no use for geographic contexts; I've also seen where people take GTD to the extreme. I understand the need for organization and reminders but a reminder to feed the baby and to bathe it? That's too much.

But hey different strokes for different folks.

My main concern is that I don't miss any of my assignments, tasks for the assignments and sub-tasks. I think it will be very rare that an assignment will only have one or two tasks.

So besides the original context I mentioned,

@reading
@written
@essay
@coding
@css
@php

I suppose I can add:

@download
@compile
@research

I'm sure there's more that I'm not 'seeing' right now. But beyond folders, projects and contexts I'm not sure I understand how to cross reference everything. For example; Right now I have an assignment with 3 tasks that are due to get done by Saturday. But when I click on inbox I don't see anything and I don't understand why. I thought that if you have upcoming tasks you would see them in the inbox.

I would also like to be able to see what's coming up in the next 2 weeks. I did figure out how to sync with iCal but it doesn't show anything past today so I have to assume it won't show sync the task until the date that I set as 'due'.

I don't know I'm think GTD and Omnifocus may not be for me for school.