View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by defilmj View Post
The phone application simply does not replace my pen and 3x5 cards. If the application did much of what the desktop application does (allow re-ordering of tasks, had different methods of presenting the data, and a quick short cut all part of the desktop application, it might make it.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but the iPhone app *does* allow reordering, even in the inbox. I use it frequently.

It also offers a few different ways of presenting the data, although admittedly not as many as the desktop app. But it's a delicate balance between features, usability, and learning curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defilmj View Post
I purchased this MBP and Iphone3G plus the broadband adapter and $60/mo plan to run OF on MBP and Iphone, and it turns out once again it can't beat my paper system. Reporting? Yes on the MBP with views and perspectives indeed! But not on the Iphone, as they don't exist.

What I thought was a simple problem with contexts turned out to doom OF for me. I am not a apple fan, so that is $4500 down the drain. :(
Anything other than a purely digital system seems awkward and inefficient to me. I'd never go back to pen and paper. But to each his own, I guess.

As for your $4500, there's always eBay. Apple products (particularly MacBook Pros) hold their value quite well.

-Dennis