View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoreinar View Post
Do you have the opportunity to post the actual setup which you have used. Or is another way to implement it the same way as you have done

Thanks
Um, the photos i've linked to is my actual setup...unless I don't understand your question.

Eek.

:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
HappyDude,

I think you're on the right track. Your self-diagnosis about shorter, active action names seems reasonable.

I see a few in there that have multiple steps that could be split into sequential actions. For example "So should I purchase a 1st Gen 8GB iPod Touch? If so, make the purchase on eBay." That looks like a project to me. In Merlin Mann's interviews with David Allen, David mentions actions like this ("decide" actions) as troublesome. I try to handle these by giving myself something more concrete to do. For example, "Check prices of 1st Gen 8GB iPod Touch on eBay", or "Brainstorm 8 reasons pro and 8 against getting a 1st Gen 8GB iPod Touch", or even "Mind map reasons for and against getting a 1st Gen 8GB iPod Touch". If you then decide against, just drop the project. If you decide for, then add actions like bid on eBay, check auction status, send payment, wait for delivery.
Hey Curt,

The "1st Gen iPod Touch" is an example of me jotting something down in the Quick Entry box and rather than letting it sit in the inbox I sent it to misallanious rather than actually take time to process it. But I hear ya, loud and clear. It definately could use it's own project; funny thing is that when i'm slacking off during the day not looking at OF or my actions, i'll be on eBay looking at iPod Touch prices. I'm sure if I dig deep enough i'd find some sort of irony.

Anyways..

I appreaciate you taking time to reply and take a look @ my set-up.

I've been using the review feature and changed the name of a few projects and their action steps. I've used notes sparingly and with the review feature have taken time to make sure each step is the best I can make it. When I'm reviewing I make sure the inspector is open at all times to see everything the action holds. (I love the review feature) This will be my GTD weekly review from now on.

Here are a few photos of the updated and renamed projects and action steps. (I haven't gone through everything yet)

Link: http://picasaweb.google.com/MiltonEl...01373033191202