View Single Post
I use Evernote and iThoughtsHD for support materials on iPad. Evernote is used as an inbox and for storing general refence and I use a simple a-z tagging system without sub tags and etc.

IThoughtsHD is used for project support and project planning with natural planning model and more. It is a mind mapping app so information could be organized and structured in any imaginable way.
Mind maps are great for project support because it allows to easily see information in context, visualize dependencies, see the big picture or focus on details and so on.
An outliner app might work too, I guess, but I find mind maps to be more flexible.

All this is not easy to do in an app like Evernote where all you get is basically flat lists (no sub tags on iPad). But Evernote is amazing as an inbox and a great place to store everything that doesn't need much structure, ie general reference.

Both apps are cross platform.
And this combination works really well, Evernote is not enough for organizing project support materials because it doesn't provide enough structure and mind mapping is an overkill to store everything. But together those apps work great for me for managing all non actionable data on iPad.

I used personalBrain previously but got tired of carrying laptop and switched to iPad completely when I'm not at home

Last edited by StevenMay; 2011-10-02 at 03:48 PM..