Thread: OO vs. Office?
View Single Post
It's been a while since I've looked very closely at this. Could you please let me know what specific problems you have moving from OO to Word so I can make sure we have them all filed?

Somethings to know about the design of the export is that row text will be turned into heading levels in Word and row notes will become regular body text. The heading styles in Word should match the row level styles in OO although not all style options will carry over. Local styles in general should be preserved, like bold/italic/font color.

As far as columns in Word, they aren't real columns, it simply flows one column of text into the next column you set up in that section. So if the problem is that the Word export only supports one column, had you not used OO and started in Word, would you still have created the columns you did? And if so, would you have used Word's column feature, or create it using tabs?

Or maybe more important to know, what kind of documents are you wanting to take to Word, and for what purpose? Is it to share them with non-OO or Windows users? Is it to do more complex formatting that you need a real word processor for?