View Single Post
I have just started to use Omniweb and am so far rather impressed.

I do have a couple of questions. I would like to know how many times a year a new release of Omniweb comes out. It seems as upgrades cost $5 my initial payment of $15 plus any new releases could add up. I come from a Linux background and it is hard for me to pay for software. I do like how Linux will give you a complete operating system( a rather good one at that loaded with apps for free!!) I have paid for some Linux OS and do not mind when you consider the amount of development and use you can get out of it. The cost was ussually nominal and subsequent releases were ussually free at least within the same calendar year.

I also like how some simply just ask for donations. Or give you a pretty good version with some features not enabled unless you buy.

I love my Mac and so far love Omniweb but I have a very hard time paying for a browser. No disrespect intended. I like the fact that it is affordable. I do think $10 would be better and a lisence that would last a year with free upgrades in the time frame. Maybe the lisence is good for a year. I am new so I do not know.

If someone could let me know I would appreciate it. I am going to use this browser for the remaining days I have left exclusively and see how I feel about it. I have used Shiira and sunrise browser and they are free. They work very well in terms of speed. I think Shiira is pretty good although it can be unstable. Firefow and Seamonkey are also very nice. Opera works well too. All of these choices are free.

I am not against charging for software as I see there are a host of other products Omniweb offers. I just think the browser could be free and a good way to promote the other products Omniweb has.

Anyway, depending on how my test run goes and the answer for upgrades in a year I may just buy!!

Robzilla