View Single Post
There are tons of incremental upgrades, many times a year. I'm not sure how many they've had this year, but you can go through the forum and see people griping about something and pretty soon there's a new version of OmniWeb. You may be interested to know that OmniWeb actually started its life as a NeXT application around 1994, so the "version 5" thing's a little misleading.

As far as payment goes, your license goes for version 5. So far, all the upgrades from version 5 have been free, and I think that's gonna be the policy until version 6. Does that clear it up?

Now, when you're talking free, you've got to look at what the browser does. I'm into web development and blog-making, so I'm rather cranky about browsers that crash with a text field full of text. With OW, all my fields get saved, all my open tabs are saved through sessions, meaning I can close the app and open it and all my tabs are back where they were before, and it's a lot more robust than any other WebKit app. There's a lot of other, small things that make it worth the price, but you can get away with any browser just for general use.

And writing this on a gigantic text box instead of a tiny quick reply window is just another of the small touches I love.