View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
Sure, it's below. Thanks!
Thanks! That's helpful.

I think your initial question misled us a bit. It's not the presence of the first item that results in the other two being marked as not due soon. Based on my quick test, I think you'll find that the other two will remain gray even if you delete the first one. It's the presence of a start date in the future.

That's how actions work in regular projects too. When you set a start date, you are telling OmniFocus, in effect, "I don't want to be bothered by this until the start date arrives." OmniFocus is following your instructions. What is the point in telling you that something is due soon, by changing its color and adding a number to the badges, if you have decided that it can't be started until the future?

I like how this works, because I think that the due soon list should include only items I can actually work on now. But I don't like getting blindsided by things that have a small window between start and due date. So I have created my own "Due Actions by Due Date" perspective, which shows all remaining actions sorted and grouped by due date. That way, I can see blocked actions that are due soon, but only during my daily review.