View Single Post
Looking at another posting on this forum "is 1.5 stable enough", it seems that others are not reporting a stability issue with v1.5

However my story is different. Since updating i am getting a daily "applemac cirlce of death" on the screen.

Although it appears it crashes, If you leave it long enough (typically 5mins) then omnifocus does recover. During the 5mins (sometimes longer) I am not able to do anything.

I would say that this is happening 3 times a day to me and It only seems to have become an issue after upgrading to 1.5

I just saw this posting http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=10555 (i wonder if this is connected).

Interesting I just checked the size of my latest backup file (54Mb). that's big! My last backup on version 1.1 was 5Mb (a 10 fold increase?). whereas I estimate that the amount of additional data from then to now is 10% (therefore it would be a 6Mb file in the old version)

So I wonder If I've asked and answered my own question?

Final note: just had a little more experience of this today. I have chosen to "back up whenever i quit in OmniFocus"in my omnifocus preferences as then the back-up file immediately gets uploaded to my online back-up system.
It has just taken 8 minutes to quit O.focus (the time is getting longer and longer each day). It was never a problem for me before.

Last edited by wayne4; 2008-11-13 at 06:23 AM..