View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintergreen View Post
Had the upgrade cost been nominal, I would have bought it without hesitation. … But now I'm faced with a decision: do I inevitably buy the whole suite again in a short period at a rather hefty expense, or do I buy it piecemeal, maybe just the Mac version for example, and thus miss out on the best feature: having my data synced across my devices?
You know that we do offer substantial upgrade discounts on our own store, right?

Quote:
I wouldn't have considered any of this an issue if you hadn't completely and suddenly pulled the plug on version 1. What happens then next time I restore my iPhone from iCloud?
You can restore OmniFocus 1 from your Purchased Apps list in the App Store.

Quote:
What happens when version 7.x of iOS completely breaks it, and I'm held hostage to just buying version 2.
We're not selling version 1 anymore, but we're certainly still supporting it. In fact, we're working on some iOS 7 compatibility fixes for version 1 right now which we plan to submit to the App Store once they're ready.

It's not our intent to force people into upgrading to version 2 because version 1 stopped working for them; it's our job to make version 2 better and better until everyone using version 1 feels it's worth upgrading.