View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconino
By definition, an action which is not part of a project will not show in the project view. There's a clue in the name of the view! ;)
Evidently that's the case, but I guess one of the questions I'm asking is whether that is the most desirable behaviour. Calling it "project view" is somewhat arbitrary---it could just as well be called "task view", and projects just happen to be the way we group sets of related tasks.

Quote:
More helpfully, the workarounds suggested are good.
They're certainly reasonable workarounds, but given that singleton tasks are creatable at all, my original question remains: how can I get a list of them?

Quote:
I'd only add that when I've been entering actions which at first seem not to be part of a project, on further consideration I've seen that they do belong to a higher order outcome, the result being that I have had few project-less actions.
Fair enough, but it just doesn't seem unreasonable to me that a task can exist without a containing project. All I want to know is how to find them.

Quote:
Project-less actions show up in context view, under their appropriate context—which is where I reckon they should be.
I noted that in my original post, and I agree that context view is one of the appropriate places to find any task, singleton or otherwise.

I can only assume that the answer to my original question is that I simply can't get a list of tasks without containing projects.