View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel View Post
Do you take each task and distribute it into your calendar? How do YOU do this? Would you do this during the weekly Reviews? Do you actually assign a portion of your week's calendar (bi-weekly, or whatever) to dedicate to each "Context" to make sure you address the actions within it in some portion of your week? For example, @HomeTasks will be Tuesdays and Thursdays or @Phonecalls on Mon/Wed/Fri, etc etc? I'm just trying to get an opinion on what users of OmniFocus might actually do to implement OmniFocus in their daily lives. Thanks for any comments.
I don't distribute tasks in my calendar but I do attack particular contexts on particular days. My breakdown of this is Work:Writing (which is my top priority context) on Monday, Calls on Wednesday (plus Tuesday if I don't have a lot of client meetings), Library and Errands on Thursday, and I focus on projects that are close to completion and try to ensure they close out on Friday. These aren't all of my contexts, but they are all high priority contexts that it helps for me to have a particular day to focus on them.

I also have a Work:Replies context for any emails or phone calls that I receive which should be replied to by the end of the day. I check that and my Due perspective every day at 4pm and make sure they are clear.

I hope some of these suggestions are useful for you.