View Single Post
i think i understand what doug@lerner.net is driving at...

saying "use the date inspector" is not a great answer in terms of viewing completion dates. why is there support in the program for displaying start date, due date, and time estimate but not for displaying completion date? seems like it could easily be added to the view->columns menu. it also seems to me that it would be useful to have the option to show and edit this directly for some perspectives.

i assume the thinking behind this was that 90% of the time, completion date is entered as "now" when you mark a task completed and a lot of the time, you really mostly just want to know yes or no whether a task is completed vs. knowing exactly when it was completed. that's probably sufficient most of the time.

however, for me, there are tasks (especially tasks that involve delegation to other people) where i sometimes need to "backfill" completion information or where i am reviewing the general progress where it would be good to have completion date as a normal field in the central list window. ... and to take this one step further, i would like to see "completion date" as an option in the group menu as well.