View Single Post
Just want to add my voice to this - it's the single most annoying thing I found when I began using OF today. Yes, I expect I'll get used to it, but it seems odd to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
How do you suggest this be addressed? You apparently don't want to hit some other key, and you don't want to click the mouse. It sounds like you want to be able to go along mindlessly hitting return but not have a blank line put in unless the program can somehow divine that you intend to put in another action.
No, that is not what was being requested. I think the OP wants to hit return ONCE after entering text, and see the item back in "non-edit" mode. It looks untidy to have the edit box open if you've finished editing, and I find it hinders my ability to sit back and think about the list clearly. At the back of my mind a little voice is saying "that's not a nice neat list, that's an edit in progress, so you're not allowed to think about the whole list until you finish it".

Also, I do not regard "escape" as a solution to this. Probably like many people, I have recently migrated from Windows, and the idea that Escape does anything other than cancel something is just too bizarre for words. How can "escape" imply saving your data? It's insane. :) OK, my tongue is in my cheek there, but I think you understand what I mean...

Last edited by macronencer; 2009-03-14 at 04:46 PM..