View Single Post
pjb i don't get your post and can't relate it to this thread. A sub-project of a project has no meaning in OF. I think the basic concepts have been chosen by experts, and as far as I can judge from using the alpha they have done a *very* good job.

I thought the original poster proposed to group unrelated "tasks" as projects in a folder, and from that usage he feels the need for an easy checkbox to mark the "project" done.
I'm saying (at least tried) that he should consider grouping his - even if unrelated - tasks as tasks in a project, and prioritize (order) them.

The difference: if you have 10 projects in a folder, it typically generates 10 next actions. One for each project.
Alternatively, if you have 10 tasks in a project (no matter if that project is in a folder or not), that generates 1 next action, which is nice if you are ready to focus on something.

Part of the "power" of the algorithms behind this wonderful application is that it shows you (if you select viewing next actions) only very *few* task to do next, and that these tasks are the right ones to do now. Even if the total database contains a huge amount of tasks and subtasks.
By using a folder with many small task-less projects, instead of using a project with small tasks, you bypass the algorithm's function (reducing the amount of tasks you can pick from).