View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas_Thomsen View Post
Then I added just 1 project and 5 tasks, and it was then at 34 zip files. The sync suddenly took 48 seconds!, about 15 seconds where the blue process line was full but the wheel kept spinning.
Keep in mind that the zip files store changes - not items in the database. If I have one item in my database which I repeatedly change, that's going to add zip files. (We always keep changes around in new zip files for at least an hour, in case some other device adds new changes that affect the same items.

Also, keep in mind that some changes happen automatically, without you needing to make them. An item going from available to due soon or overdue, for example.

The spinning wheel part leads me to believe that this is the problem that Ken mentioned earlier; that's the portion of the sync process which takes longer than it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas_Thomsen View Post
I have 37 projects and 85 tasks.
Today 2 days later it is at 185 zip files, and it takes well over a minute and a half to sync, I sync all 3 machines daily.
185 changes in 24 hours seems possible. Question: if you quit the app during the "full bar, wheel spinning" process, does the sync appear to have completed? How long does the next sync take?