View Single Post
It would be nice if OmniFocus allowed importing tasks from other sources.

At a base minimum, that should include a CSV list, but also nice to have would be things like Excel spreadsheets and, hey why not, other GTD apps. While we're at it, maybe calendar / vCard data could come in from iCal, too.

The system my group works with -- which isn't going away even if we do adopt OF to complement it -- allows exporting worklists to an Excel XLS file. I can't figure out a good way to get OmniOutliner to import it -- I could maybe come up with some horrid Applescript / Perl / Quicksilver / etc glue to do this, but *ugh* that's clumsy. It would be awesome if OO/OF could take that XLS file (or a CSV file generated from it, which wouldn't be *too* bad) and turn it into a series of new tasks in the Inbox.

Likewise, if I'm subscribed to someone else's calendar feed in iCal, it would be nice if that could be turned into OF items. kGTD already allows for going the other way, so this would basically just be making that coordination with iCal bidirectional.

Pipedream: have it hook in to systems like Request Tracker or Bugzilla, for both loading in new tasks as well as publishing back to the tracker system when tasks are updated & completed. If it could act as a sort of easy, efficient front-end for such widely used systems, it could be a big win for a lot of people..