View Single Post
I am slowly bending my old habits into GTD - I am particularly liking the clarity and piece of mind I am getting through the weekly review and OF helping with this. However, where I am struggling is with OF's lack of planning facilities.

When I go through my review though, I want to schedule all my work into blocks of time in my calendar. This way, I know I have captured "it" and schedule the time to work on "it". Doing so, however, requires me to create these time blocks in the calendar app. Why not do this from within OF? That saves me time pushing the buttons in Calendar. After all, I may have start, due and estimated times set already in OF, which is part of the data I need for putting it in my calendar. Ideally, I want to be able to:
1. Set my estimated time in OF.
2. Set the due date.
3. Drag and drop the task into calendar, thereby setting the actual "work on" time.

Ideally the OF task and calendar event should stay linked so that from one app I can start the other, be right at the appropriate content and make changes if I need to.

Am I so off in the left field with this request/workflow? It seems completely natural to me.