View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
For reference, there is a section entitled "One worrisome rift" in a Feb 16 2012 blog by the makers of Coda and Transmit.
Thanks for the link Rob. I read that blog (and all the subsequent comments) with great interest. To the point where I feel a lot more informed of the intricacies involved now. I can see why / how Apple would want to control which apps utilise their infrastructure / services and how it would cost them. I don't have a problem with that and think long term, it will sort itself out. From a migration perspective though, I think they need to find a way to transition purchased non-MAS licenses to MAS without leeching more money off consumers.

I'd hate to be a developer right now catering for people who'd be against the MAS approach and wanting 3rd party sync integration (Dropbox) and those wanting iCloud sync functionality without having to repurchase again. It doesn't sit well with me as the consumer, and I can't see how it could sit well with developers either. Apple seem to be making a mess of this.