View Single Post
I know that it is preferred to have a faster syncing solution but how many times does a person have to sync to worry about time?

Is your database very large and takes a long time to sync large databases?

I think if you have file attachments in your OmniFocus database, that would be a reason why syncing takes longer. I leave attachments out of my OmniFocus database. I usually like to just leave my attachments in a cloud storage site like Dropbox, box.com, or Amazon. Then I'll just attach a URL to the task's note.

I also know that it helps to start archiving old completed tasks. I rarely ever need to look up something older then 60 days. Yes, it would be nice to have all your tasks online but anything older than 60 days is pretty well past its relevance. If I do need to look up older than 60 days, i tell my client that I will get back to them when I have consulted my archives. They usually understand. I often forget what really happens older than 60 days and I do like to take time to refresh my memory before jumping into any future discussions. Making hasty decisions based on a simple cursory overview of archived tasks is not my workflow.