Thread: Due dates
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Start date is an actual, not an artificial constraint here. By setting a start date, and viewing Next or Available actions in Context Mode, you aren't reminded of actions that are not yet available for completion. (Similarly for projects, but the relevant filter is Pending vs. Active Projects in Project Mode.)

If you have a start date, but no due date for a task, the due date isn't filled in. But with no dates at all, OF fills in one--the due date.

For example, I have an action "Get Loaned Books Back" with a two-months-from-assigned repeat interval and a start date, but no due date. (I keep a separate list of loaned books in an OmniOutliner document. As an academic at a small school, I'm always loaning books to interested students and colleagues.)
I get it now! Thanks. Sometimes OF seems a little opaque or maybe I'm just a little thick. I know it will help to finish reading the David's GTD book!

:)

Sometimes it takes a while to understand how to best set up OF. Is this an interface thing or me? I'm not sure but I do wonder about folks trying it for the first time. I think the help documentation and Ethan's videos will be the key to sorting a lot of newbies. Thanks again for setting me straight.