View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
M
It seems to me that autocompletion takes an end run around a good daily or weekly review. While I'm not a strict GTD devoté, I do think that separating the planning and review processes from actually working on your plans is an important part of being productive.
And I wish I was at that point but I'm not. After 48 years of bad habits I'm working on having a weekly review but its not there yet. And I'd rather not waste my time reviewing the Payroll project folder since it is all the same every [insert time frame].

I would also suspect that not everyone who uses OmniFocus will be purists and could use the flexibility I'm suggesting. I still say that a repeating project that does not repeat after all the actions are complete is NOT intuitive. I've used Macs for 13 years and this situation had me stumped for months. I still can't find a way to work around this in my system.

One more thing then _I_ need to get productive too... The weekly review might not help. If I have a weekly project that starts Mon and is due Wed and another that starts Thu and is due the following Tue what day must I do my weekly review? If on Monday it must be early to "reset" the Mon-Wed project but if the Thu-Tue project isn't done yet then I can't "reset" that project and it won't come up again on Thursday. I doubt I can come up with a day that would work so saying Weekly Review will solve this problem is short sighted (but is still a great planning style that I need to add to my habits).