View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaJones View Post
I should say up front, I don't mean this post to be flippant or inflammatory. I really want to like and use OmniFocus, but some things are bothering me.

But then I started seeing all the examples that were given. "Call Susie about some nonsense", "Email Carl about his favorite color", "Buy tuna for cat Mittens". I am evaluating OF because I'm hoping it will help me get things done. Real things. Things that pay bills.

1) Tasks at my "day" job
2) Tasks for my freelance business
3) Tasks in my personal life
What Lizard suggested is exactly how I handle my own situation , and it works very well
.. but I'm just curious , since you referred to some examples given as " some nonsense " yet you mention " personal tasks in my own life " so I'm wondering how those help you " pay bills " ..

Just because someone uses an example that might seem to be insignificant..doesn't mean they don't have have 50 actual work projects in their files etc .. you might find it interesting that " buy food for my cat " is an example David Allen [creator of the method that OF is largely based on ] uses frequently when trying to explain what belongs on your lists . Anything that's rattling around in your head be it big or small matters , is what belongs on your lists .. "Real things" that can stop you from seeing the answer you need to see about that project that's bogged down at work .

Last edited by ext555; 2008-01-14 at 06:14 PM..