View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reason808 View Post
Another reason I'm dropping Things is their limited ability to nest and sub-categorize projects. I didn't want to initially bore forum readers with my workflow, but: I just find I'm working around Things's paradigm too much. I think of my projects as a collections of tasks, with some of those tasks involving a series of mini-steps. Perhaps I'm violating somebody's sense of "pure" GTD, but hey, its my tool for my life.
This is the main reason I can't use Things. There's no way to nest tasks or create sequential projects. I hated when I would click a Tag and tasks that were Step 2 and Step 3 would appear when Step 1 hadn't been done yet.

I tried to get an idea if Sequential projects would ever be implemented and general response I received was they would not. Even if they were planning it, I can't imagine how long it would take to be implemented with Cultured Code.

But if you are concerned about sync, Things' new Cloud Sync is insanely great. Super fast and almost invisible to the user. It took them years to get this done, but in the end they did it right.