View Single Post
Well I guess I just figured that if the project was on hold then your need to add items would be of the occasional inspiration sort not constant usage as you suggest. Seems odd to me but to each their own.

I understand your thinking that filtering through a few dozen more projects (although some people on here report having thousands) shouldn't be a technological hurdle but I'm assuming that the developers made this change for a reason perhaps on input from other users who found it too cluttered. I admit that I sometimes find the matching list less than precise. Maybe I need to have more differentiation in my naming. Anyway, you certainly have the right to lobby for putting it back the way it was but providing they decide not to do so what else might solve the problem for you?

I wonder if there might be a way in the project inspector to add a nickname or keyword field, sort of like how you can for bookmarks in Camino or Firefox, so that you could create your own absolutely matching shortcuts such as the mhea in your example above then you could make it something memorable that wouldn't even have to match the exact name very well at all but would be guaranteed to always be the first match. I think Quicksilver has a feature like this too. Maybe this sort of match could override the current behavior as long as it was exact. Just a thought.

Last edited by whalt; 2007-06-26 at 06:11 AM..