View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
The way it is right now those categories are virtually useless, as they simply list a whole slew of unrelated tasks in no discernible order. If there was a hierarchy, then at least I could clearly see which projects were due at a high level, rather than seeing 80 individual tasks scattered about.
I think this is a very clear statement of the problem you're having, and the solution you're proposing here sounds less likely to cause ripple effects for other users.

I've got 35 overdue items (a bunch of folks are supposed to send me status reports by close of business friday; I haven't checked those off yet.) and the organization has never bugged me, but you're right; it appears pretty random.

Okay, actually, I just figured out what's going on here - the phone app shows you the most overdue stuff at the top, and the least overdue stuff at the bottom. That makes sense from a functional standpoint, but the UI doesn't communicate what it's doing. That's not good.

One solution would be to add the due date to each row in the view, so you could see what's causing the sorting without tapping to the detail screen for a bunch of actions and figuring it out for yourself. I think we've gotten requests for that, so I'm going to add a note to it.

If you'd still like a hierarchy in those views, I'd definitely send feedback to the support ninjas so they can record it; I don't think we've heard the request from anyone else.