View Single Post
In the general context of what you are doing, you are correct that OF is more of a project-centric system. You might be interested in my review in this regard within the thread about Things -> OmniFocus http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...t=20583&page=3.

In my daily processing flow with OF, I am actually trying hard to avoid creating a perspective that shows "I WANT to Do This TODAY". The concepts of "want" and "today" are too nebulous and subjective it seems. Instead, I work first on creating a perspective that shows "I Should Do This First". Due dates only get set based on external requirements, not based on when I might WANT to do something. Start dates are also based mostly on external contingencies, not based on when I WANT to start something.

After I have this perspective, I flag actions that I choose to do for a foreseeable time frame (say, a few hours). Once those actions are completed, I return and choose again what to flag.

I have found that choosing actions in chunks to be done within a concrete, foreseeable time frame (a few hours) is a lower stress mode of operation than creating a list of what I THINK I WANT to do in the more nebulous "Today" time frame.

In your case, with a dominance of single step actions, you might consider first creating a single-action project to store them and secondly creating a perspective that shows only actions focused in that project.

HTH