View Single Post
I'm not sure it would be a good idea to change the title. It's probable that it's gotten such good response because the title is somewhat confrontational. It isn't subtle, and it touches people in the right place that they are drawn into the issue.

As the person who started this thread, I felt that Omnifocus was too expensive. I believe it is a worthwhile tool, and only wish that I could afford it myself.

Judging from the responses here, folks either seem to be evangelic about the software and willing to defend it regardless of price, glad that they were able to get the software at the upgrade discount, or in agreement that it is too expensive as a stand-alone software. What I haven't seen are many people who have joined the ranks of Omni customers as Omnifocus Users. It's a fairly new product, so I'm not going to put that out of perspective.

What I have seen here that pleases me, is that there are a significant number of quality posts that I feel successfully justify Omnifocus's price, by pointing to the integrity of the Omni Group in general. However, these posts don't suggest that Omnifocus is worth the expense itself, but that the development and support are of a quality that does.

As a person who only contacts support when a product breaks or crashes, quality support means something to me but not very much in terms of cash value. Quality development more so, but at such an early stage in a software's life-cycle it's not uncommon to still have a full team (not just three developers) working on the product. So, that takes me right back to my original question: why is Omnifocus, as a piece of software, so expensive?