View Single Post
I've noticed that omnifocus handles project and context view differently on the iPad.

In project view, the topmost folder is shown and nested projects are revealed by tapping on the folder to open.

In context view, what appears to happen is that the nested contexts are shown, but their enclosing 'folders' are not.

This can have problems with interpretation of actions on the iPad. Imagine a simple two location scenario. A context may occur at both locations, with specific actions dependent on location. On the mac the two contexts can be located in their respective location folder. However, on the iPad only the contexts are shown, not their enclosing folders. In order to make the contexts clear, they need to be carefully named if viewed on the iPad. Yet on the mac, the use of folders effectively serves the same purpose.

I can manipulate views using perspectives, but I have issues with the usability of them (I'll save for a separate thread).

Not sure I have explained this as clearly as it should be, but before I file a bug report/feature request, can anybody tell me whether I have missed something?