View Single Post
I must say, I personally am very disappointed that development on OmniFocus for Mac has been stalled that far into the future!

Whether it was wise of the Omniguys or not to publish a roadmap of future releases and promise OF 2.0 in early 2010 is open to debate... The point is though, that many users have eagerly been expecting several new features for Omnifocus to suit their workstyles - and now all that remains is disappointment.

A very valid point was made in the thread on tagging (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15303) that a plethora of problems including prioritisation, multiple contexts etc. would be solved by introducing this single feature.

Tagging is such a versatile tool, that it would build on OF's unique selling point on being so generously customisable to suit every user's work style. It would finally perfect the claim of being the most flexible GTD application out there.

ONE feature is all it takes, and even though I appreciate Ken Case's investment into the future with his move to create a suite of software for the iPad - and I agree with him when he says large touch screens are the future. If only this one feature of 'tagging' were to be added to OF, it would allow so many minds out there to finally be at rest.

I appeal to the Omni developers: Please consider just adding tagging to the Mac version before you stall OF for Mac's development for an entire year.

Thanks.

Robert