View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobarb View Post
Here is what I am trying to do.
I have a foreman "Austin F." he spends 50% of his time on foreman responsibilities. The other 50% is divided between crew 1 and 2. What do I need to enter in the Units and Efficiency boxes to make this all work out.
You could create Austin F. as a resource with 100% units and when Austin is assigned to a foreman task you'll need to go to the Task : Assignment inspector and change the percentage to 50% of 100%. If Austin is assigned to a Crew 1 or 2 task, do the same thing but change Austin to 25% instead.

Quote:
I am also hoping that I can assign all the members of a crew by selecting the group they are in. Some of my crews are 15 people or better and selecting each one would take forever on a large job. Currently when I select the group the dialog says 1 of 2.
The group resource doesn't work this way currently. If you assign a group resource to a task it doesn't assign every resource to the task, it's supposed to automatically pick one available resource within a group for the task after you level the project. In other words, I need someone from my electrical team to look at this task ASAP but I don't care who, just let OmniPlan find the first resource from the electrical team and assign him/her to it.

Quote:
Just to wrap it all up.
I want to be able to select a task, click on the crew I want to accomplish that task, and have each member of that crew assigned to the task including the foreman for that crew at x%
There isn't a way to do this now but I'll file a feature request for this in our database for consideration.